A dramatization of the Rochdale sexual abuse scandal divided viewers on Tuesday night, as some switched off while others said it should be shown in schools. Three Girls is a three-part BBC drama telling the true story of the widespread grooming and sexual assault of white girls in Rochdale by a gang of “Asian” (Pakistani Muslim) men, led by Shabir Ahmed (above), the ringleader of the Rochdale child sex grooming gang, revealed in 2012.
As usual, the BBC insists on using the popular but misleading British euphemism for Muslims – “Asians.” But they get props for airing this documentary that should be required viewing in all British schools.
UK Daily Mail (h/t SB) The first episode divided the five million viewers who tuned in and saw brutal scenes of teenage girls being beaten and raped.
The drama’s three young girls are a combination of stories from the girls who gave evidence that led to the conviction of the men, but false names have been used. The show was created with consent and stories from three girls who are survivors of the abuse.
But for others, the tough viewing was vital – so vital that there was even suggestion it should be shown in schools.
Viewer Lynn Kelly wrote: ‘#threegirls a shocking story of abuse that’s difficult to watch but needs to be seen. #maxinepeake excellent acting as always @BBCOne’.
Abbie Andrews wrote: ‘#ThreeGirls most uncomfortable, pit of stomach sickening TV I’ve watched in a long time. Amazing performances’, and viewer Maria said: ‘#threegirls is one of the most difficult things I’ve ever watched. But the information needs to be out there.’
Nikhil Khargram tweeted: ‘I’ve never found TV so hard to watch. Absolutely gut wrenching. #threegirls.’
Penny Sutherland was among those calling for the programme to be shown to young people, tweeting: ‘#threegirls this needs to be incorporated into the school curriculum to stop it happening to more young girls.’
Steve wrote: ‘This programme should be shown in every school in the country #threegirls’, while another viewer said: ‘#ThreeGirls powerful and hard watch.Needs to be shown in every high school and Wherever social work and safeguarding training occurs.’
The Rochdale scandal was finally exposed in 2012, when people learned that for years, authorities had been suppressing knowledge of abuse rings of primarily Pakistani men preying on primarily white teenage girls.
Young women were being raped by multiple men on a nightly basis, after being plied with gifts and alcohol. Nine men were sentenced in 2012, and another nine in 2016. In 2012, the men were given sentences ranging from four to 19 years.
A jury at Liverpool Crown Court heard that girls would be given alcohol before being passed around for sex at two takeaways, the Balti House and Tasty Bites, in the Heywood area. The police were accused by then MP Simon Danczuk of ignoring the cases because they were brought by working class girls.
Reports have estimated the number of girls abused over the course of the cover-up at 1,400, but some have said it could be as many as 2,000. (Other estimates say there are tens of thousands of girls who have been victims of Paki Muslim sex gangs)
The men sentenced in 2012 included:
Mohammed Amin who was jailed for five years for sexual assaults and conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child.
Abdul Qayyum, known as ‘Tiger’ to his victims, was jailed for five years for conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child.
Adil Khan was convicted of trafficking and conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child. He was jailed for eight years.
Mohammed Sajid, who abused girls in a flat in the city, was jailed for 12 years after he was convicted of conspiracy, sexual activity with a child, rape and trafficking.
Abdul Rauf was jailed for six years after being convicted of trafficking and conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child. The court heard he had sex with one girl in his taxi 20 to 30 times.
Abdul Aziz was convicted of trafficking and conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child and jailed for nine years.
The youngest of the group, Kabeer Hassan, was 25 when the abuse happened. He was jailed for nine years for rape and conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child.
Hamid Safi was jailed for four years for trafficking and conspiracy but was cleared of rape charges.
The ringleader Shabir Ahmed, was jailed for 22 years, for rape, sexual assault, trafficking and conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child.
In total, 13 officers were investigated and seven were given misconduct notices, but none faced further proceedings after the report was issued.
After the report, Assistant Chief Constable, Dawn Copley said: ‘I want to say we openly acknowledge that mistakes were made and victims were let down.
‘For our part in that we apologise to the victims and we give them our assurance that lessons have been learned, changes have been made and we are determined to use this to continue making improvements.’
In April last year, 10 men were jailed for a total of more than 125 years for sexual offences against eight girls and women in Rochdale. They included:
Afraz Ahmed, a former bus driver who picked up two of his young victims from school and offered them free tickets.
Former bus driver Ahmed, of Rochdale, was found guilty of various sexual offences, including rape, conspiracy to rape and sexual activity with a child, in relation to five underage victims. He was jailed for 25 years.
Also sent to prison were Choudry Hussein for 19 years in his absence for rape, sexual activity with a child and conspiracy to rape.
Rehan Ali, of Blackley, was imprisoned for seven years and Kutab Miah, of Rochdale, for nine years after both were found guilty of rape and sexual activity with a child.
Abid Khan, of Liverpool, was jailed for six-and-a-half years and Mohammed Zahid, of Rochdale, for five years after both were found guilty of sexual activity with a child.
Mohammed Dauood, of Burnley, was jailed for 16 years after he was convicted of offences in relation to two victims including rape, sexual activity with a child and sexual assault.
David Law, of Ilkeston, Derbyshire, was jailed for 11 years after he was convicted of conspiracy to rape.
A tenth defendant, Mahfuz Rahman, of HMP Garth, pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to three counts of sexual activity with a child. He was jailed for five-and-a-half years last September.
A then-40-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was jailed for 23 years after he was convicted of rape and attempting to abduct a child in relation to three victims. He will serve an additional eight years on extended licence when he is released.
This is the full episode which will probably be taken down over Copyright issues. But watch it while you can.
Read more here: Original Post Here http://www.barenakedislam.com/2017/05/17/bbc-documentary-on-the-widespread-sexual-assault-and-exploitation-of-young-white-christian-girls-by-pakistani-muslim-men/ by BareNakedIslam Originally posted on http://www.barenakedislam.com